Author Topic: About CSOG  (Read 4449 times)

G1ZmO

• CSOG Founder
  • Administrator
    • CSOG
About CSOG
« on: June 26, 2011, 05:59:27 PM »
Introduction
The Central Scotland Observers Group has been set up for a group of amateur astronomers, mostly from the Scottish central belt, to aid organisation of observing nights.

You'll find our web-page at: http://www.scottishastronomers.com

We are not an astronomy club, we have no mandatory meetings, and there are no fees for joining.

Objectives
The primary aim of our group is to provide a means of communication for people who wish to get together for group observing sessions.

Our group:
1 - Provides some security by observing in a group.
2 - Offers a chance to try out other members scopes, bins, filters, etc
3 - Enables members to discuss and suggest new observing targets and sites.

While taking part in group sessions and mailing list or forum discussions is not compulsory, it is the main purpose of the group and we would therefore like to encourage all members to take part.

FAQ:
Q: What's the difference between a forum Guest account and a Member account?
A: The member accounts are allocated to people who wish to join the observers group as well as the forum.[/color]

Joining Our Forum
Anyone, regardless of their location, is welcome to join our forum.
To be able to post to this forum you must register with a valid email address.
Due to recent attacks by spammers, all registrations need to be activated by one of the forum moderators so there may be a slight delay before your registration is confirmed by email.
Your CSOG Guest account will then be activated automatically by clicking a link which will be sent to your email address.
Those with a CSOG Member account will also have access to the other areas of the forum.

Joining Our Observing Group
If you would like to join our observing group please register here and send a private message to me (G1ZmO) or send a mail to
info AT scottishastronomers DOT com

Dec 2012 - This requirement has changed and is now based on number of posts - The current setting for automatic CSOG membership is 20 although you can still request membership by mailing me at the address above

Please note that absolute beginners are more than welcome! You don't need to have your own telescope but a pair of cheap 10x50 binoculars are always good for starters. You do really need your own transport though.

History
CSOG was founded by Paul Stephen in July 2006 for the purpose of bringing together amateur astronomers from around Scotland to arrange group observing sessions

Thanks

Paul Stephen
CSOG Founder
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:55:14 PM by G1ZmO »
Paul

G1ZmO

• CSOG Founder
  • Administrator
    • CSOG
Re: About CSOG
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 09:56:16 PM »
Just bringing this topic to the attention of all new forum users and existing ones. Please read it :)

Thanks

Paul
Paul

G1ZmO

• CSOG Founder
  • Administrator
    • CSOG
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 03:30:16 PM »
Oh dear! Right, it seems that, because I set the membership to CSOG Members as a numerical post count. All existing members of that group (even though they have more than 20 posts) have been removed from that group! So I'm guessing that it'll count 20 from where you are now.

I'll create ANOTHER group and move the old CSOG Members to that.. Give me some time LOL [DONE]

Paul
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:44:30 PM by G1ZmO »
Paul

gary1968

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »
Nutter! Hehehe

sent from my HUAWEI G300 using Tapatalk 2 and fums

Skywatcher star discovery 150p
Canon 1000d
Philips spc900 webcam
Loads of other bits n bobs

Everything will be OK in the end, if its not OK its not the end........