Author Topic: 1st One of the New Season - The Veil Nebula NGC6960  (Read 1171 times)

neilbuc

1st One of the New Season - The Veil Nebula NGC6960
« on: August 27, 2017, 10:35:19 PM »
Work in progress with regards to the processing.

Just a quick combine of the RGB.

10x180s (RGB Bin2) Calibrated with Darks/Flats/Bias in Pixinsight.

I have Luminance Data too and a lot of PI tutorials to go over!!

I should also add this is the first run with Sequence Generator Pro. OMG! Where has this been all my life. Even got it sending me email messages as to how its getting on. I have added a Pegasus Motor Focus too to the arsenal so no more screwed focus. For those who don't know about SGP. Simply setup your target and routine for the evening. Get setup , balance and polar aligned. Fire up SGP and open your sequence.  I calibrated the guider first and also ran the auto focus routine, but seemingly you can just hit run now and it will run an auto focus, plate solve and centre on the target, start guiding. I have a ansrv astronmetry.net local install and Plate Solve 2 from Plane Wave (both free). So it can blind solve and sync then it knows where it is, slew to target and centre (plate solved). There is a 45 day free trial then its $138 dollars for life. The Framing and Mosaic wizard is worth that alone. You can then ditch the flaky MaximDL!! Will have to show you it in action.

Clear Skies.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:54:37 PM by neilbuc »
Skywatcher Esprit 80ED Super Apo
GSO 8" Ritchey-Chretien with Moonlite Focuser
Skywatcher AZ-EQ6 GT
Celestron 10 x 50 Bins
Moravian G2-8300 Mono with Full Baader Filterset
Astromodified Canon 600D with Baader Filter
QHY5L-II Mono Guide Camera

blinky

• CSOG'er
    • My Astro Imaging Blog
Re: 1st One of the New Season - The Veil Nebula NGC6960
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 06:43:37 PM »
cracking image!

Astrostuart

• Always Learning...
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 08:18:14 PM »
Excellent Neil, thanks for posting.
Meade LX90 12" , 80ED Triplet, TAK  FC-100 NEQ6

iam4208

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 09:27:39 PM »
I thought it was rubbish until I chose “Follow the link” rather than “View in Gallery”.   It was worth it though as it looks very sharp, so you’re investment in technology has paid off big time! Super image and I know it’s not just a result of the technology.  You’ve refined your skill set too with all the practice. Very well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sky-Watcher Skyliner-250PX FlexTube Parabolic Truss-Tube Dobsonian with Baader Hyperion 36, 21, 13 and 8mm EPs and a 2x Barlow.
Telrad and RACI finder scope for finding objects the good ol' fashioned way:-)