Author Topic: Synscan issues  (Read 1480 times)

popeye

Synscan issues
« on: February 24, 2016, 01:29:02 PM »
hi there-I an looking for help from someone local with some issues in having. I have a Sw discovery 150p with alt/az goto mount but having major issues with it!  I am looking to meet up with someone who had a lot more experience with goto than me or even better someone with a similar setup. I would like to swap certin components around.  Eg power,handset etc. I live in Prestonpans but very willing to travel as far as Glasgow or fife to get this sorted!  Hope someone can help!
Revelation 8"dob
Skywatcher discovery 6" GOTO
"Knowledge is finite, ignorance is infinite. Intellectually we are standing on a tiny islet in the midst of illimitable ocean of inexplicability. Our business in every generation is to claim back a little bit more land from the sea of the unknown." T.S H

Lorne

• CSOG'er
Re: Synscan issues
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 05:30:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum Popeye :)

It looks clear tonight (Wednesday 24th) so I was going to head to Harperrig Reservoir in West Lothian, the Moon will be pretty bright but I'm just desperate to get out!! Try to get through and I'll see what I can do to help you get set up. I'm hoping to be there for 7pm

popeye

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 05:43:07 PM »
Hi Lone!  That sounds great!  Will terry and get through but it will not be till later!  Where would be the best place to find you as in nor too familiar with that area!
Revelation 8"dob
"Knowledge is finite, ignorance is infinite. Intellectually we are standing on a tiny islet in the midst of illimitable ocean of inexplicability. Our business in every generation is to claim back a little bit more land from the sea of the unknown." T.S H

Lorne

• CSOG'er
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 05:56:26 PM »
From East Lothian go west round the City Bypass, head off the bypass west onto the A70, keep going through Currie and Balerno. Keep going and PASS the Kirknewton/ Livingston turning, a few miles after that turning - you will come to a sharp LEFT turn, about 2 - 300 yards later the road sharply turns right, DONT go right.... go straight down the little track, it will be signposted COLZIUM. Cross a cattle grid and keep going. You will come to a wall and a fishing hut on the right, turn in there and hopefully you will see a few of the group huddled round scopes (well me at least)  ;D 

popeye

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 06:09:10 PM »
Oh err! Sounds like it could easily go wrong!  Have you got a postcode for Mr satnav? Or even a lat long will do!
Revelation 8"dob

Lorne

• CSOG'er
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 06:22:34 PM »
No postcode...... but its 55.49 North, 03.27 West. Google map Harperrig Reservoir to familiarise yourself. The car park is on the WESTERN edge of the reservoir.

PS.... it WILL be cold, get the layers on.