Author Topic: Whitelees event  (Read 2345 times)

gary1968

• Global Moderator
Re: Whitelees event
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 05:55:25 PM »
Can't see the page linked to, I get a '500 internal server error'

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo

Skywatcher star discovery 150p
Canon 1000d
Philips spc900 webcam
Loads of other bits n bobs

Everything will be OK in the end, if its not OK its not the end........

dtr42

• CSOG'er
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 08:01:26 PM »
I cant see anything on the ASG calender /events page seems they don't want their members to know about it eeek  ;D

hootsitabernacle

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
I was in it, it looks pretty good..bring the kids and they get to make stuff, but you need to book your place as you cant just show up
Gordon
12" Dob, 8mm BST, 10 mm and 25 mm EP until I get something better x2 barlow filters etc
450d Canon
I'm new at this lark!

Belmthemus

• CSOG'er
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 10:10:36 PM »

It's the start of my holidays so not sure if I'll be here or through at my Seton Sands giving she who must be obeyed a few days without the boys.

Seems to be working for me Gary but here's the page minus pictures and junk:

Stargazing at Whitelee
Join us on Tuesday 21st of October at 7pm and experience the dark sky over Whitelee with astronomer Steve Owens and witness the stars the way they are meant to be seen.

In the Visitor Centre:Astronomical Society of Glasgow astronomers for an evening of stargazing at Whitelee Windfarm with their telescopes.  They will be giving demonstrations on finding your way around the night sky, looking at the Moon and covering the basics of astrophotography.  Got a question about astronomy?  Come along and ask the experts!
Activities from Glasgow Science Centre
Make a Comet: Learn about these amazing objects and make one for yourself!
Meteorite Handling: Learn about the different types of meterorite and how to identify them.
Thermal Imaging of Stars: See how stars are classed according to their temperature and colour
If your interested in stargazing but don't know where to start or are already a keen astronomer, this is the event for you! 'Stargazing at Whitelee' is a FREE event and if you would like to book please email whitelee-enquiries@glasgowsciencecentre.org or call 0141 614 0851 and provide the following information: Name of person booking, email address, contact phone number and ages of children in your group if any. Conditions apply. Booking is essential and you will need a confirmation email to gain admittance.  Anyone trying to attend without their confirmation will be turned away. Places are limited, so be sure to get in quick to avoid disappointment!

Please wear warm waterproof clothing, it's really windy up here!!

(edited out all the HTML crap)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:22:45 PM by Belmthemus »

hemihaggis

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 07:05:16 AM »
hmm it says it finishes at 9.30 pm ?   :(

G1ZmO

• CSOG Founder
  • Administrator
    • CSOG
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 07:25:01 PM »