Author Topic: Logitech fusion  (Read 2231 times)

Haribo

• CSOG Members
  • Hmmm whats that!!!
Logitech fusion
« on: March 29, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »
So after recieving a logitech fusion ive modded it removed lens and replaced with an adapter but when ever i use it everything is massively over exposed or extremly bright no detail can be seen :( is this because the IR filter is not in the adapter on the logitech? i use my xbox webcam and it works superbly without one, the logitech has right light tech(or summit) so im thinking will i get a better image from using a IR filter?
130p Skywatcher
Xbox cam
Fusion cam
Eq-2
10mm, 20mm, 32mm, 2x barlow

blinky

• CSOG'er
    • My Astro Imaging Blog
Re: Logitech fusion
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »
Would not have thought a lack of IR filter would make that much difference, in saying that I have always used one when using a webcam so cant really say :-\

perthskies

• CSOG'er
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 01:43:02 PM »
Could be a gamma setting by the sounds of it, or one of the hidden settings - does the image look washed out after capture or onscreen during capture???

David
Sold my Dob, got Star Adventurer and other stuff

stfn

• CSOG'er
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 03:05:26 PM »
I would play around with the settings in whatever capture software you use

Haribo

• CSOG Members
  • Hmmm whats that!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 03:11:19 PM »
i normally use sharpcap, it gives me another option for capture like rgb24 i think ill need go back and check, the exposure goes the other way from the xbox cam but even on the moon at a extremely low exposure it still looks fricken bright lol it is way more sensitive than the xbox cam but ive fiddled about and cant get any detail on even the moon, as you said washed out very badly
130p Skywatcher
Xbox cam
Fusion cam
Eq-2
10mm, 20mm, 32mm, 2x barlow