Author Topic: Starry Night Pro Plus 6  (Read 9064 times)

Minimalist__

• CSOG'er
Re: Starry Night Pro Plus 6
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »
could be very true if so thats y a dont want to put the link up but hey if is is still illegal they have my address and am sure a prob will get a letter of some sort if thats the case.

I wouldn't worry about any of that. Like I said, I'm not judging or anything, and it seems like a very strange process that they have. Most companies give a registration code with the disc, on the box or something. To have a registration procedure that doesn't require any verification that you have the disc seems strange. People could just loan the disc to each other and do the same thing - contact them for registration code.

But yeah, probably wiser not to put the link up, to keep the forum from being blacklisted or forced to remove or anything like that if someone did come across it and wasn't happy that it was here.

gary1968

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 06:22:02 PM »
I might still go for it as I do have a legitimate version of SN6 Pro. It just it's a few years old now and because it's meant for XP it ain't happy on my lappy, I assume that version you have is more up to date than mine.

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk

Skywatcher star discovery 150p
Canon 1000d
Philips spc900 webcam
Loads of other bits n bobs

Everything will be OK in the end, if its not OK its not the end........

Teslar

• All the gear and no idea :)
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 06:51:18 PM »
So where do you send the request once you download the software I have the file but no details of where to request the code. It seems a bit dodgy I have to say. I recall seeing a hack posted a while back on another site which was swiftly removed
Mounts: HEQ5, NEQ6
Scopes: Teleskop Service  10" CF , Skymax Mak 180Pro, ED80
Visual: Baader Hyperion 5,10,17,31 & Zoom
Camera: QHY8L, QHY IMGOH, QHY5L-II

Minimalist__

• CSOG'er
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 09:01:55 PM »
So where do you send the request once you download the software I have the file but no details of where to request the code. It seems a bit dodgy I have to say. I recall seeing a hack posted a while back on another site which was swiftly removed

The direct link to the page to register is - [size=78%]http://www.starrynight.com/register/adduser/newuser.php[/size] The website itself is legitimate. The illegitimate part is that you are only supposed to use that registration form if you purchase the physical disk. If you purchase the download, then you register as part of your purchase as explained here. The only 'verification' they seem to have is a question asking where you purchased the disk from. Hardly very thorough or effective.

Teslar

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 09:05:39 PM »
Thanks. That's a bit lax of them I guess there won't be much development until they release a new version which will have better security

Teslar

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 07:38:04 AM »
Was offered a 50 upgrade to the new version 7. I can only assume they have rushed it out because it's full of bugs.........

stuhawk123

• CSOG'er
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2014, 06:28:49 PM »
tut tut tut

10" Dobsonian Sky Watcher